The contest is open only to Lafayette students who studied abroad or are currently studying abroad during the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 academic years, including spring 2012, summer interim 2012, fall 2012, spring 2013, interim 2013.
The photographs will be judged by a committee comprised of faculty members, administrators and students, who will look in particular for photographs that:
- demonstrate significant engagement or interaction between Lafayette students and the host culture
- highlight the fusion of the academic and cultural aspects of the study abroad experience
- capture a moment that offers a unique insight into the host culture
- depict an intriguing landscape or cityscape that would motivate students to study abroad
- You must have taken the photograph while enrolled in an official study-abroad program, though the photograph does not need to have been taken in your program’s host city
- You may submit a maximum of two photographs
- The files must be titled FirstName_LastName_1.jpg and FirstName_LastName_2.jpg (for example: Michael_Jordan_1.jpg)
- Photographs should be submitted as in JPEG format (upload the highest quality / resolution you can)
- The files you upload may not exceed a total of 20 MB (i.e. both files combined must be less than 20 MB).
- The deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. on Friday March 30, 2013.
Winners will be announced in May; the winning photographs and honorable mentions will be displayed in Farinon Student Center. The first three prizes include monetary awards as follows:
– First prize: $200
– Second and third prize: $75
All photographs submitted to this contest become the property of Lafayette College, which will have full rights of display and reproduction.